Lote Mach er Jhuri

Lote Mach er Jhuri 


Going through the old pictures in my laptop always makes me nostalgic. Every photo tries to depict a beautiful moment of my life which can never come back. Though rewinding the time machine and to relive those moments is not possible,  but through the pictures you always get the chance to smell, feel and live those moments once more all over again!  My laptop can be termed as the storage of my college memories! I do have loads of pictures which I occasionally go through and smile for no reason! Yesterday I was turning the old pages once more in my laptop,  I found my pictures in hostel. I remember,  once I went to market after being triggered by my hunger and bought some Lote Mach.  I took 500 gram for me only as my roommate denied to eat that fish. I cooked Lote mach and when I tasted it was the most spicy dish I have ever made! My ear started to release hot air! And my face turned red dur to the heat of chilli that I used! My roommate came running with water and tried to comfort me. Finally after 10-15 minutes I became normal!  So that was the story of my most spicy dish Lote Mach er Jhuri. 
Lote Mach or popularly known as "Bombay Duck"  is one of the most common fishes in Bengali house hold. It is one of my most favourite fishes.

Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes

Ingredients:
250 gm Lote mach/Loita mach (Bombay duck), cut into chunks
2 big onions chopped
3 Green chilli, chopped
15-17 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 medium Potato cut into small chunks
2 teaspoon spoon Red chilli powder, adjust according to your taste
1.5 tea spoon Turmeric powder
Salt
Mustard oil 2 table spoon
Water 1/2 cup

Method:
1. Wash the fish pieces and pat dry very well.

2. Now marinate the fish pieces with salt and turmeric powder.

3. Add red chilli powder and give a good mix.

4. Now add onion, garlic and chilli and mix well.



5. Finally add ¾ of mustard oil and marinade for 10 minutes.
6. Heat oil in a Pan.

7.  add the fish pieces fry on high flame until it starts releasing water.

8. Now add remaining water and lower the flame. Cover with lid. Keep for 10 minutes.


9. By now will notice water is reduced, fish is turned out mushy.

10. Now check seasoning, add high the flame for 5 minutes.

11. When all the water dries up switch off the flame.

12. Serve hot with rice.



Enjoy Lote Mach er Jhuri with hot steamed rice and green chilli! Perfect bengali lunch!

Thank you for stopping by.
XOXO
Kasturi.

Comments