Tele Jhale Chicken - tender and juicy Chicken pieces cooked in oily and spicy flavourful gravy (restaurant style)

Tele Jhale Chicken

Do you ever feel like you should leave your monotonous life behind, buy a train ticket, pack your bags and head to an unknown mountain? Sounds crazy right? Well I’m going through a phase like this. I seriously need an escape from my current life. I watched a movie “Home” where the boovs (creatures from another planet) packed their belongings and headed towards earth, their new Home! I wish I could do that too.
I always believe that our passion actually lets us escape from the hard reality. So I always freshen up my mind by following my passion which is Cooking. I always try to either cook a traditional dish or tweak up the ingredients to make a new dish. So this weekend I came up with a recipe which I’m going to share with you people. Today’s recipe is “Tele Jhale Chicken”.



Though the name is not so “cool” because this recipe was a result of experimenting with the process of cooking and ingredient and it turned out super duper awesome! I can’t stress enough how delicious the dish was. First I was not sure about the name. But looking at the plate of chicken I immediately knew that this is the perfect name. There was a thin layer of oil floating over the thick red spicy gravy of the chicken and the chicken pieces mingled beautifully with that. This dish was hot and spicy. Now let me tell you a secret, I had one bowl of chicken left over and next morning I had it with hot rice and the chicken tasted 100 times better. So whenever you are going to make this dish please keep one bowl for next day and then you have a chicken dish made in heaven!


Now let’s get straight to the chicken recipe...
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
Ingredients :
1.       Chicken 500 gram
2.       Onion crushed 3 big
3.       Garlic crushed 7-8 cloves
4.       Ginger paste 3 spoon
5.       Tomato finely chopped 1 big
6.       Curd ½ cup
7.       Red chilli powder 4 spoon
8.       Turmeric powder 2 spoon
9.       Coriander powder 1 spoon
10.   Cumin powder 1 spoon
11.   Garam masala powder ½ spoon
12.   Oil ½ cup + 2 spoon
13.   Bay leaves 2 pc
14.   Sugar 1 pinch
15.   Salt as per taste
16.   Dried red chilli 2 pc
Method:
1.       Wash chicken pieces. Marinade with salt, 1 spoon turmeric, 2 spoon red chilli powder, curd and 2 spoon of oil. Keep for 1 hour.
2.       Now heat ¼ cup oil in a pan. Add bay leaves and dried red chilli. Add crushed garlic and onions. Fry until they are golden.
3.       Now add tomato and fry until they are soft. Add chicken pieces and lower the heat.
4.       Keep stirring the chicken pieces for 10-15 minutes. Now add remaining turmeric, sugar and keep stirring.
5.       In a separate pan heat ¼ cup oil and add ginger paste, coriander, cumin powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder  and keep stirring for  5-7 minutes on low flame.
6.       Now add that oil mixture in the chicken, mix well cover the pan and on low heat keep cooking for 15-20 minutes. In this recipe I have not used water because the chicken is cooked in the spice, oil and its own juices.
7.       After the chicken is cooked well garnish the dish and serve with Plain steamed rice or some butter naan if you are feeling like that.


For the tips part, I would really suggest to keep a bowl of this chicken for next day. Heat it up a bit next morning and have this with onion salad and hot steamed rice. Trust me you are going to thank me for this recipe. I forgot about my continuous weight gain and increased belly fat when I was having this dish.😋😉
Thanks for reading my blog. Enjoy the cooking and the end product. Love your food and love yourself!

If you really like what you see and read, please do share, like and comment and let me know. In case you forgot, this is my facebook link for this blog Kasturi's Spice Tale to keep u updated about new post entries!

If you loved this recipe you may also love Chicken KashaChicken Dakbanglow .

Did you try this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below. Share your picture on my Instagram Page  with hashtag “kasturi’sspicetale”.
Thank  you for stopping by.
XOXO,
Kasturi 💓

Comments